Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

6.18.2008

Visited The 2nd largest City Of France

After visiting Arles City our travel day continued going to Marseille City, which is the oldest and the second largest city of France. The Marseille is not far from Arles so we decided to visit this city. We rode the train in just 30 minutes (if I am not wrong). When we were, I cannot explain my feelings there are many tourist people too. We went up to the Notre Dame De La Garde we walked down by the road where the tourist people too walking to reach up this big church in Marseille where we can see the superb view. This is the one highest point of Marseille and gives the most breathtaking panoramic view of the city. You must visit this place when you were in Marseille offers impressive place.

When we were at the Notre dame de la Garde, we saw three islands one of the islands is called If. While looking that Island at the top of Notre Dame de la Garde my husband and I decided to visit this Island, which is also known the Chateau d’If former state prison. The island internationally famous because of many film and movies stated the stories. This is also where Edmond Dantes and Abbe Faria, characters in Alexandre Dumas's book "The Count Of Monte Cristo", where they imprisoned.

I was so thankful to my husband we visited this Island If, I was confused about this island especially I just saw this island in the Tv and especially in the movies. On that they we never let the day passed by without visiting this chateau D’If.

View from Notre Dame De La Garde

At the Entrance of Chateau D'If

No comments: