Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

6.22.2008

Visiting Grindelwald and Glacier Gorge

Saturday it was the 1st day of summer. It was beautiful sunny weather. We were in Grindelwald village. A village that a must see when you are in Switzerland. It is the oldest and glacier village in the region of Jungfrau. Grindelwald surrounded by beautiful amazing Alps. We enjoyed our tour in this small village. There are many tourists walking down the road and busy buying souvenirs in very expensive stores. After taking tours in the village then we went in glacier gorge, it is about 2 kilometers away from the village 35 minutes to walk but it is also possible to ride the bus. It was amazing rocks, great and interesting to see that glacier canyon. I think definitely hundreds feet deep in places, it is impressive. Few minutes we walked down, I felt cold because I just wore think blouse and leggings. I did not handle the coldness. I worried for my self and of course, I was worried too to my son because he just has t-shirt and one jacket and not thick too. I think it was several hundreds 100 meters pathway to reach the last point, we didn’t reached the last point because I have cold. Maybe the rest we will be visit again this place someday. To see more interesting attractions.

No comments: